Monday, August 18, 2014

City Of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1)


Title: City of Bones
Author: Cassandra Clare
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars



WHAT IS THE BOOK ABOUT?
In the first book on the series The Mortal Instruments "City of Bones" By: Cassandra Clare, a young girl named Clary is out with her friends for her birthday in a very known club in New York, when she finally gets in she notices a group of very good looking teenagers about to kill what she believes to be an ordinary boy. When her friend Simon gets back with the security guard she realized that she is the only one that can see the two boys Jace, Alec and the girl that lured the boy that was murdered in Isabelle. Since that night Clarys ordinary life was changed forever she is introduces to a new world full of magic and mythical creatures that she has been kept from since she was a little girl.


WHAT I THINK ABOUT THE BOOK:
I just finished reading City of Bones  and thought I should talk about it while it was still fresh on my mind. I have mixed feelings about this book I didn’t hate it but I didn’t love it either. Lets start with the things I liked first I loved the world that Cassandra created who wouldn’t want to live in a world full of shadowhunters (half angel half human), werewolves, vampires, fairies, warlocks and well a world with magic,  also I loved that you couldn’t go one chapter without getting action it kept you interested and wanting more. what I didn’t like, all the character seemed to have the same personalities they all seemed to be cocky and full of themselves, also I wasn’t very fond of the ending can we just say we should have taken it another direction it kind of pissed me off to be honest. I also felt like Cassandra was trying to explain too many things at the same time, you were just starting to understand one thing when she jumped in explaining something else.  This book is a fun read if you are into dark fantasy, angels, warlocks, werewolves, and crazy love triangles I definitely recommend you to read this book. I’m going to continue with the series  because I'm  very interested where the story is going to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment